Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Empty Nest

There was one baby left in the nest last night, but when I went out this morning it had flown away as well. Hooray! I quickly got the ladder and took the nest off our security light. I put it on the railway ties for a moment so I could get a picture.
Picture taken, I sat down on the porch; now free from birds, to enjoy my coffee.Soon a nosey little chipmunk came along and wondered what we'd left him...
What have we here?
Let's see if it is the right size...
Maybe I'll give it a taste...
Mmm tasty!

5 comments:

Vanesa July 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Great great photos!!!!!!!!

anamchara1 July 6, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

OMG!! What a great way to start the day and the week ... that's hilarious!! You must have thought what perfect timing, couldn't have planned it any better!!:)

Bren

Cool Design Shelties July 6, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

Fabulous pictures :o)

//Bente

Sherri July 7, 2009 at 1:40 AM  

Such great images Kim

Laureate July 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Thanks! I couldn't believe the bold chipmunk running past me while I was having my coffee. I had put the camera on the tripod as I wanted to try for more hummingbird shots...and lo and behold, an even better opportunity presented itself!

We are overrun with chipmunks, and we have lots of 'chippy wars' This guy in particular looks pretty beat up!

Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP