Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's In Their DNA


We're crate training the teenagers and to teach them to be clean I've been getting up at 6 am to let them out. Well this morning I overslept and was an hour late, which meant three crates needed to be washed. After the crates were washed, I bathed and dried the pups and then took their ears out of their braces (they need to be changed periodically), did nails and fluffed them up. We put "Lola" on the table and took some photos of her at 13 weeks. She was only moderately cooperative. Finn was worse and so I said to Pete I'd take them out for a walk (their first) with the camera.


Got your tail!

Finn McFluff and Lola


Lola found some dried plants to taste...

...and some more

I'll try pulling this out!

What?

Checking on her brothers

Lola chasing Corbin

This was the first time the pups have experienced paparazzi and Corbin wasn't too keen on the camera. He kept his eye on me and felt better if he hid in the bushes!
Lola scouting for trouble

Found them! Finn McFluff on the left, Rehannah and Corbin

Lola and Corbin

Corbin on right, Lola, Finn and Rehannah

Corbin top, Lola and Finn

Same order...looking for Rehannah the ringleader
AAAAKKKKK! I couldn't believe it! All four wandered over and despite my efforts to call them away they all had to check it out...it's in their DNA! I was mortified...all that effort gone to waste...(sigh)
I didn't take many pictures...I was too worried about getting these guys back into the house. It was minus 9 C, there wasn't supposed to be water (and mud)!!!

13 comments:

anamchara1 February 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

Poor you!! All that work ... at least some of the mud must have come off thrashing through the snow! They're all looking beautiful, at an age that sometimes isn't very complimentary :). So much Drew through Digit coming through, and Paris' stylish lines ... you've hit the jackpot!

Clarice February 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

It IS in the Laureate DNA. Geordie was my only sheltie who needed to go shoulder deep in the lake for a drink, to get stuck in the Red River gumbo at the off-leash, and to turn green in an algae bloom in fall when the water at the cottage was off for the season.
Love the pix and the puppies.

Unknown February 26, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

I LOVE, LOVE, Finn McFluff KIm.

Tricia February 27, 2011 at 5:23 AM  

At least I'm not the only one that happens to! Get them all cleaned & fluffed and have them turn into mudballs. *sigh!*

Your dogs always look so beautiful it's hard to imagine them all muddied up -- but now I've seen the photos! :)

Laureate February 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

Bren, they look OK today, but it was shocking (I'm sure they were more shocked than I was). I'm delighted with all three...they are such huggable babies. Pete said the exact same thing you did...we hit the jackpot!

skyehaven February 27, 2011 at 8:13 PM  

Oh Kim - all that work down the drain (along with the mud, I hope!) Darling pictures all the same. Love the name Finn McFluff!

Laureate February 27, 2011 at 8:13 PM  

Clarice, I didn't realize Geordie was such a mudder as well. I'm going to have to work hard at breeding out this trait...it definitely seems to be dominant! :-)

Laureate February 27, 2011 at 8:14 PM  

Nancy, Finn is such a special puppy. We really hope he holds his promise and likes to show! :-)

Laureate February 27, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

Tricia...I can't believe you haven't seen our dogs muddy. That is my forte; showing pictures of our dogs looking like mud pies! :-)

Laureate February 27, 2011 at 8:17 PM  

Sherri, we had a fluffy puppy (Cabot x Bea) who we nicknamed Fluff McDuff, who was later called Duffy. Finn also stuffed with fluff and just sort of came by the nickname naturally. LOL

Debbie March 1, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

Enjoyed your photos again!

oddman March 3, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

Gorgeous, gorgeous babies! And I love the mud shots. All my babies have been mudders, even the current Princess of the House, who wouldn't deign to get Her royal feet wet now, as an adult.
It makes me giggle whenever I see our beautiful, fluffy breed sloppin' through the muck.

Anonymous April 7, 2011 at 11:33 PM  

I love the mud photos; they bring a smile to my face. Our sheltie hated clean water of any sort, but for some reason he could always manage to the yuckiest, thickest mud and get right in there. Never understood why!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP