Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mornings

It is cold this morning. There is the first sign of ice on the creek, and when I looked out the window to see the temperature it showed minus 11 C. I knew Bunny wasn't going to be able to stay out too long this morning. With her shaved feet, tail and face she doesn't handle the cold. My routine is to put all the dogs out, and I wait five to ten minutes and bring Bunny back in for breakfast. This morning she was out for maybe three minutes and then as I was bringing the water to the dogs she slid out the gate.

Bunny is a fussy eater, so unlike all the others. She picks at her food, and will usually pick up a piece and then drop it on the floor. I have sometimes resorted to just putting it on a towel by her water bowl to save her a step. She seems to like Royal Canin German Shepherd formula, which is the food we use for treats. So this morning she had a bowl of treats...she isn't too spoiled! She ate and when I realized it was too quiet, I went to have a look to see what she was up to. This is what I found...she'd gone back to bed! It has been a rough morning!

3 comments:

Mont'Alves November 20, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

Hi there Kim, well if i was Bunny i would have stayed inside and learn how to use the WC. Are you crazy going out with -11º . When we get 15º here we think it is freezing to death and almost hybernate.

Kisses

Laureate November 20, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

I'm sure Bunny would consider using a WC when it gets really cold...like minus 30!!! Yesterday she started hanging back, not wanting to go outside, and we're only November. We still have a lot of winter left. I think I will hibernate also, until April!

Cheers! Kim

Sherri November 20, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

What a typical standard; my guys will sleep in until 11 if I let them. Cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP