Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cocoa-Bean and Coconut Cupcakes

It is the third day of a three day show weekend and I’m exhausted. I’m out of practice going to shows and waiting around for the group judging. I drove home after a long day yesterday and then had a party to go to. Then this morning I’m preparing dinner for my Mom’s Birthday party tonight. So far I’ve made The Barefoot Contessa’s coconut cupcakes (which if you haven’t tried, are to die for) and I’ve prepared the roast. (So Mom if you’re reading this…surprise!!!) All Pete has to do is put it in the oven while I’m at the show. I went to bring in Cocoa after being out in the yard for half an hour and she was wet and muddy. So she’s been bathed and blown dry. Writing the blog is my way of relaxing a bit before I have to hit the road.

Little "Cocoa-Bean" has been terrific. This is her first time at a show, and she is a natural. She uses her ears non-stop and moves out beautifully. She is a lot of fun. She has won her class of 5-6 both days and taken reserve to a lovely mature tri girl. She also took best puppy both days. She reminds me most of our Gabrielle, who was this way as a baby…confident, happy and game for whatever you ask of her.

I brought Bunny along for the ride yesterday. I wanted her to get used to the noise of a dog show, and I also wanted some grooming advice from the Poodle handlers. She was fine with the noise and trotted beside me confidently and wanted to meet everyone. She was a hit with my Sheltie friends, who can relate to her beauty. I got some really great grooming tips and one of the handlers did a great trim on her…on one side! She said, now I have to make it match on the other side! The transformation is amazing…she looks like a show puppy. I had her in a nice rounded out “pet” look, and now she is angular and dramatic. Pictures of both Bunny and Cocoa will have to wait until the sun is out.

PART TWO


This is for Rui! Wish you were here...too much food for us to eat. My Mom took a "doggie bag" home with cupcakes and icing.

Had a successful day at the show today. Cocoa once again won her class and went on to win WB/BW and Best Puppy in Group. Great prizes today, we won $50 worth of gas cards and a Tim's card. What a fun little puppy, shows non stop, not worried about the noise or all the shenanigans that were going on behind her in the puppy class. We had a LOT of compliments from non-Sheltie people, which makes me think we're on the right track with soundness. Also compliments from Sheltie breeders, so that feels good as well. Cocoa enjoyed a cupcake when she got home!

5 comments:

Mont'Alves November 16, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

Hi Kim, well i can not taste the Cupcakes or go to the shows, but i am looking forward to see the pic of both :):), ahahah you thought ony pic of the dogs... Well i love cakes so since it is impossible to taste a pic will do.

There was a show today but i decided to do something diferent. Check the blog and you will see the wonderful sightseeings close to our house.

Rui

Laureate November 16, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Hi Rui,
Pete took a picture of the cupcakes just for you! Love the pictures of your day at the beach! How beautiful!

Kim

Acadia Shelties November 17, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

Oh My- The cupcake picture is scrumptious! Good enough for a cookbook.
Congratulations on the wins as well. Puppies are such fun!
Cadie

Mont'Alves November 18, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

Hi there, well you must think that i am an ungrateful Portuguese person because i did not comment on the pic, but i must say that i wrote a post on the same day that the pic was on air and i was expecting it to go online. But now i see Acadia post so it means mine was lost somewhere in the Atlantic !!!!!!

Let's try and recreate the emotion of my first post, when i saw the picture.

Peter, thank you thank you so much for the trouble to take sucha a great photo for me (Now i see why all the pic from the dogs are fantastic). It really makes me want to fly to Canada and taste this delicious Cupcake.
In addition to the shelties, Kim's cupcakes are more then enought reasons to go to Canada on my next vacations. But pay attention ..... i will not return home without a sheltie on the bag AHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!

On the other hand it is also possible and maybe safer for the sheltie population for you guys to come over with the camera, one sheltie and cook the cupcakes in my kitchen ;)

Rui

Laureate November 18, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

Well maybe by next year we will have bred a Sheltie good enough to go to Portugal, and I'll pack my bag, the puppy, Pete and his camera and we'll come to deliver the puppy. That gives me time to practice some cooking between now and then!
Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP