Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Westminster: The Sporting Group

We missed judging of the groups on Monday night due to a dinner reservation. We have a little about that on our travel blog.
After watching some of the breed judging on Tuesday, we had dinner at Madison Square Garden and then got ready to watch Sporting, Working and Terrier Groups in anticipation for Best in Show!
This year was the first time Irish Red and White Setters where shown at Westminster. It got a special mention before judging began...

I love when the announcer welcomes the dogs to the ring. "Can we have the sporting group please!"

Pete stood for all three groups and Best in Show. He jostled with the paparazzi while I had a nice comfy seat with Geoff Browne and the Pedigree crew. I think he got some great pictures...
Judge Dr. Donald Sturz, Jr has a first look at the entries.

Brittany Ch Willowick Talltean and the Pointer Ch Bookstor Inherit The Wind

Pointer on the move...
Welsh Springer Spaniel Ch Heatherstone's Jopa Blue. This is the first Welsh I've seen with an undocked tail. Love this shot; he seems very joyous!

I loved this Gordon Setter (Ch Firethorn And Sandpiper Easy On The Eyes) and it was one of my favorites to win. He placed third in the Group.

Ch Fireside's Spontaneous Combustion was another of my favorites. I don't know anything about Wirehaired Pointing Griffons, but I thought this was a very sound dog with a great attitude. He didn't win either...but I believe he made the cut.

The Irish Red and White Setter, Ch Shireoak Caniscaeli Windsong on the move.

I love this shot too; it is so expressive! Irish Water Spaniel Ch Poole's Ide Got Water RN keeping his eye on his handler. He won Group 2nd.

A lovely Clumber Spaniel female, Ch Clussexx See You Later Alligator

English Setter Ch Reidwood Red Alert

Flat-Coated Retriever Ch Quillquest Etched In Stone waiting to be judged.

Pete took photos of all the Setters. Here is the Irish Ch Greengate Buzz Lightyear.

The crowd favorite, Golden Retriever Ch Toasty's Treasure Island. I was rooting for him too (he didn't even win a group placement)...darn.

This dog won; I didn't get it, but then I wasn't asked to judge! We all do anyway (don't we???), that is the fun of watching Westminster! I'll post the other two groups and BIS another day.

4 comments:

Pennylynn February 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

If I have to pick a picture... it aint the "blonde" sporting the "little black dress".

The picture of the Irish Red and White Setter. What stretch!!!

Laureate February 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

One of my facebook friends voted the blonde for Best in Show!

There were so many good pictures, it was hard to decide what to include. The Red and White Setter was really nice...

Stay tuned for more pic's...the Dobe was a star!

Pennylynn February 25, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

LOL!!!!! Good one!!!!!

Can't wait for the DOBE! Please please please!!! I got to get me one of those... how do I convince the other half? Maybe I should just bring it home on day after a weekend show or something.

Linda February 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Wow, Pete got some of the greatest shots I have ever seen from a dog show, my favourite is "Buzz" The Irish setter with the handler in flight.
They should have hired Pete to do all the shots for this show. Your blog is so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP