Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sheltie "Art" and Handling Class

When "Dusty" was a puppy, my sister Jan showed her at a local match and she placed second out of three. Dusty was spayed shortly after, but I must have wanted her to have puppies. This was a picture I painted when I was ten, the same year we got Dusty. The white on the muzzle must have been inspired by "Lassie", as Dusty didn't have that marking. I think the "tri-factored" puppy is pretty funny! (I've also learned a bit about structure since then).

I took "Bunny" to handling class today. It was her first time, and she was a hit. She made everyone laugh at her antics. She was wound up and totally unfocused, but at just under 14 weeks of age, that shouldn't be a surprise. I'm just glad she's happy, and showed absolutely no fear. She gaited with her head up, tail up and leaped and hopped around the ring. (I should have known better than to name her after an animal that bounces). Cocoa came along also, and I alternated between the two. Cocoa was totally grounded, completely opposite to Bunny. She moved really quite well, she was very balanced and just followed along. She was really good for her first time away from the house. I was pleased.

I took some pictures of Bunny with Nova's singleton puppy. I was actually just trying to take pictures of the baby, but Bunny kept jumping into the bed. The baby was very interested in Bunny, having spent his life as an only child. Bunny thought he was a toy, so she learned a new word today..."gentle".

2 comments:

OBay Shelties October 30, 2008 at 4:17 AM  

Hi Kim, I found your blog last night while surfing around. Your poodle pup is cute; although not as cute as the shelties. :-)

Thank you for your email when we lost Hex; it was appreciated. It has been a tough month around here.

I look forward to seeing more gorgeous sheltie photos on your blog.
Bernadette
PS My first dog was also a silver toy poodle!

Julie November 3, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

Bunny and puppy look so cute together! I hope two of them become good friends.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP