Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

On clippers and reading instructions

Ask Pete. I don't read instructions. I just buy something, and then figure it out as I go. He, on the other hand, will read the manual cover to cover. We're a good team! So today I made my first attempt at clipping Bunny. I opened up my brand new clipper, which had a #10 blade attached. Opened up the blade I needed and then realized I had to get the blade off that was on the clipper. Seeing screws on the blade, I reached for a screwdriver, and uncrewed the screws. Off popped a blade and another smaller blade and the two screws. I tried to put on the new blade, the #40 and realized that I shouldn't have unscrewed the #10! So half hour later, after much swearing, picking up screws that would fall to the floor and sorting out the mechanics of the blade, I got it back together and back on the clipper. Then I realized there was a button to push and the blade pops off! Ah ha!!! OK, now were ready to go! One freshly washed and dried poodle, one new clipper, new blade, oil on blade and away I go. Wow, the hair came off pretty easily. Lucky for me I just had to follow the lines made by Allison. So I clipped Bunny's face, her tail and then did a bit on her feet. Didn't come out too bad, though certainly not a professional job. But we all have to start somewhere! Bunny was very good about it all. I must say, Poodles have to endure a lot! She was feeling pretty pleased with herself after and enjoyed her first walk with the gang doing the Bunny hop.

3 comments:

Sherri October 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

Congratulations Kim; she looks good.

Mont'Alves October 13, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Hi Kim, congratulstions on your new puppy. she has the same name as the one i call my wife and the name of the pup i kept from my last litter, Bunny.

I wish you all the best of luck with her.

Kisses from Portugal

Rui

Julie October 16, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Bunny looks great with the haircut! She hasn't ran away yet so I am sure she is happy with it, too. I hope Bunny stops pulliting Shelites' hair soon~ Post more photos, please~~

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP