Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Eva Pups: Blue boy, larger girl

Another few hours spent in pursuit of photo records of our puppies. I find it necessary to set their ears, groom them completely as if they were an adult going to a show and take photos at about eight weeks to get an idea of what we have. Pete and I have done this from our very first litter. Prior to setting the ears, I'd place them all as pets!

So this is the blue boy, yet to be named. He is a beauty, and has only improved as time has gone on. He is not large, being in the lower half of the safe zone on the chart. He didn't like me much a few weeks ago and so I made him my project. I brought him upstairs with one of his sisters and would feed him chicken wieners and cheese. The light bulb went on right away!

Since his excursions upstairs, he thinks I'm the bees knees. He is very adoring and makes eye contact constantly. He is pretty adorable...:-)

A bit of a lean going on here...

Such a pretty face!

This one is pretty close to perfection in my view

Back to the point I was making about doing their ears and grooming. This morning this gals ears had come undone and were hanging. She looked like a coonhound...and I said to my friend we have three show prospects plus a brood bitch. Did her ears, bathed and chalked her and gave her a head trim and she amazed me. She is more than I'm used to, but not really overdone. Her size is still fine, measuring 9 3/8 (nine weeks tomorrow). Shows to go you...

Very full muzzle and a one piece head


I'm glad we persevered with Eva and gave her one last chance. I'll be forever grateful to Jennie Hynes for her efforts in getting her bred to her beautiful stud dog.
It is going to be VERY busy around here this spring!

11 comments:

percello February 21, 2011 at 4:41 PM  

Priceless puppies. Thanks for the pix. And thanks to you, I've discovered Rosmoor and was thrilled to find they are only 30 minutes from my house.

Mont'Alves February 21, 2011 at 4:41 PM  

My dear your photo's really inspired me :)

I have in my mind to try and do the same with my babies. I know it is a huge quest for me but i will try as hard as i can :)

I will make you proud :)

Many kisses and thank you for the tips and ilustrations !!!!

lonfrichuk February 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

These puppies are absolutely gorgeous! I'll be following their progress with great interest and cheering from the sidelines. Well done!!

Suanne February 21, 2011 at 5:21 PM  

Stunning pups from this litter. The blue boy takes my breath away, as did his sister. What is a "one piece head"? Does it refer to predominantly one colour? I've learned a lot from your posts but this is a new expression to me.

Diana February 21, 2011 at 6:21 PM  

Eden is just stunning and her face is beautiful. But the blue boy just speaks to me. Something that says, "Ive got it all and dont mess with me". LOL

Laureate February 21, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

Percello - glad I was able to make the connect for you.
Rui - I think you have the drive to succeed and you will! Your litter looks beautiful!
Laurel - Thanks...we are going to have our hands full!
Suanne - Thanks for your kind words. By one piece I mean she has a full muzzle that blends into her skull...which is desired. A two piece head would have a small muzzle and a large backskull.
Diana - The blue boy is a real cutie. I loved how he owned the ground he was on in the photos. Not all puppies will get on the table and pose. He also loves to play in the kiddie pool with the plastic bowling pins inside which make a racket. :-)

Cheers, Kim

anamchara1 February 21, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

The male is outstanding, a totally masculine version of Eden, and already has a commanding presence. And the tri girl is not at all "too much" in these photos ... all her parts fit the whole, and hopefully she will just moderate as she matures. Really a lovely litter!!

Amy Wood February 21, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

AWW!! These pups are so cute! Such great pics of them!

Anonymous February 21, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

They are wonderful for sure but my heart still belongs to Trixie :)

Susan February 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM  

When I saw that blue boy I thought of the name Evan for some reason.
My boy Zak is out of Kenshe, love his muzzle. Interesting what you said about a one piece head.

susan

Laureate February 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Bren, I appreciate your comments. It will be interesting to see how they mature.
Thank you Amy!
Anon - Trix will always be 'special" haha! I am thankful she is away at the moment getting trained, so I can concentrate on these guys.
Susan - you are psychic! That is what I'm thinking of calling him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP